|on request||3 days||on request||Schiphol, NL or|
This recurrent training course explains the practical skills involved in DG regulations, inspection procedures and follow-up methodology. These skills are required for Ramp Inspectors. The following subjects will be covered:
- History of the regulations (ICAO Annex 18, Technical Instruction 9284, IATA DG Manual)
- General philosophy of the regulations
- List of Dangerous Goods
- Specific responsibilities of airline operators (incl. training)
- Acceptance and storage
- Labelling and marking
- Inspection documentation (i.e. shipper’s declaration, NITOPIC/NOTOC/NOTAC, emergency schedules)
- Recognition of undeclared Dangerous Goods
- Storage and loading procedures
- Pilots’ notification
- Provisions for passengers and crew
- Emergency procedures
- Inspection for damage or leaks
- Loading restrictions – Cabin
- Loading restrictions – General (segregation, CAO labelled cargo)
- Securing cargo
To teach inspectors practical skills which will allow them to recognize whether the transportation of Dangerous Goods is safe, in accordance with the applicable regulations, and, if not, what kind of corrective measures should be requested.
A thorough understanding of DG regulations, transportation requirements, DG labelling and marking, inspection procedures, and actions to be taken in the event of non-compliance.
This course is designed primarily for aircraft inspectors whose duties include verification of DG. The course may also be beneficial for NAA managers, airport authority staff, flight crew members, load planners, airline operations department staff and airline quality assurance staff.
This training course meets the IATA minimum requirements for training curricula for the key staff ‘Flight Crew members and Load Planners (10)’ of the ‘Operators and Ground Handling agents’.
Participants must possess aeronautical education and/or practical knowledge related to the inspection of dangerous goods (DG); a general understanding about the SAFA inspection methodology and a working knowledge of the basic DG requirements are also advantageous.
Time: 3 days
Course fee: € 1500.- excl. VAT (21%).